Wednesday, January 16, 2013

YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday

I'm in my early 40's, and I'm a huge YA fiction fan.  Maybe I'm reliving my young adulthood, I don't know. Anyway, I follow this site called "YA Highway" -- so much fun.  Every Wednesday, they have this thing called "Road Trip Wednesday".  Here's their description...

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.


So here I am, adding my two-cents' worth to the YA Blog Carnival:

This week's topic:
 Imagine you get to open your own bookstore. What would it look like? What kinds of books would you sell?


My bookstore would be relatively small -- kind of like the bookstore in the movie, Notting Hill.  The entrance would look like this:

Isn't that cool?  Found it on Pinterest here..

I would sell children's picture books, early chapter, chapter, middle grade, and of course...ya fiction.  Fiction and non-fiction.  A different section for each type of book, with decor that would appeal to each age group.  Lots of pillows, cushions, comfy chairs to sit.  I'd host story times for all age groups, and open-mic times where kids of all ages could share their writing.

As far as what to call this non-existent bookstore, I know not.  If I wanted something ultra-cheesy, I'd go with Books-R-Us, or Barns and Nobles.  But I don't.  Since I'm lacking in the name-idea department, please feel free to name my bookstore if you'd like...


4 comments:

  1. I love that archway! So cool. :) I like the idea of a bookshop with only kidlit in it. That's what I went with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun bookstore, Gina! And that archway is really cool... except knowing me, the book I want will be the one right over my head as I'm walking under. You know, the one that if you take it out the others follow right behind it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that archway! That is super creative!! :) I would love to visit this bookstore, it sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought I could have a cafe that sold food/snacks that were referenced in books, like "Turkish Delight" from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe or Butterbeer, Chocolate Cake (from Divergent), etc.

    ReplyDelete