Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?

So I ran across this post on Teach Mentor Texts.  Every Monday, they post -- and encourage others to post  -- books they've read in the past week, and what they plan on reading.

I don't know if we will finish this week, but here is ours anyway...

In our 4th grade class, we read aloud to the students everyday.  We are currently reading aloud Gregor The Overlander by Suzanne Collins (you probably recognize her by her other series The Hunger Games).  
Think:  Chronicles of Narnia meets Alice in Wonderland in the City of Ember with a boy-in-a-prophecy twist.  Lots of intense action, suspense, and a very engrossing plot.  So much fun to experience this book with the kids.


I, personally, am currently reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner.  It took me a couple of chapters to really get into it.  Now that I am into it -- I am totally hooked.  Think:  Jason Bourne meets Ender Wiggin (from Ender's Game) with a spin on Flowers for Algernon.  I highly recommend it.


After this, I want to read Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt.

No comments:

Post a Comment