Friday, December 21, 2012

More Christmas-themed Children's Books...

In my hunt for Christmas-themed Children's Books, I came across this one...

Too Many Tamales by Gary Soto and Ed Martinez

Such a FUNNY tale of honesty!  I grew up in San Diego -- less than 12 miles from the Mexican border.  One of the ladies at church used to sell tamales every Christmas.  Currently, I live in a part of the SF Bay Area where there is a strong Latino community.  A few years ago, one of my neighbors used to give us homemade tamales every Christmas. Chile cheese tamales, pork tamales, chicken mole tamales, sweet corn and raisin tamales.   Best tamales ever.  EVER.

I read this book to my own children, and we laughed at the thought of eating a plate full of tamales, searching for a lost ring before your mom finds out.






No comments:

Post a Comment