Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Press Release: The Second Annual 90-Second Newbery...

I had to share this bit of VERY COOL news.  Author James Kennedy is encouraging filmmakers of all ages to create a 90-second movie based on a Newbery novel.
Watch. Connect. Read.: Press Release: The Second Annual 90-Second Newbery...: Mr. Colby Sharp and I are reading all the Newbery Medal winners, and author Mr. James Kennedy is encouraging young filmmakers to create mo...

My class has read the following Newbery winning books:
Holes by Louis Sachar
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien

On our list of books to read:
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Di Camillo
Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary

I'm thinking of doing this either with my class, or with a group of students from our school -- since our school is so small, I think it would help to combine our forces. There are so many creative students here at our school, and so many different learning styles.  I think this would be a very motivating activity.

Hmm....Things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment