Monday, October 21, 2013

Graphic Novels and Other Things

While it's been awhile since my last post, it's not to say that I haven't been reading.  Quite the opposite, actually.

I've enjoyed a few novels over the past few months (The False Prince and it's sequel, The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen).  Re-read older favorites (Harry Potter by JK Rowling, The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins, and Wonder by RJ Palacio). And re-read Veronica Roth's Divergent and Insurgent in preparation for the last installment, Allegiant, coming out tomorrow (Yay!)

But most recently, I fell in love with Amulet, a graphic novel series by Kazu Kibuishi.  I'm addicted.  And so is my class.  

I don't know why this pic is so blurry.  Clearly, photography is not my thing.

Anyway... in case you didn't already know, I teach at a wonderful full-inclusion school, Hope Technology School.    I recently wrote an article entitled, "Say YES to Graphic Novels!" about using graphic novels in the classroom.  I hope you can visit our school blog -- there are many great resources for parents and teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment